- OpenVidu Editions
- OpenVidu for production on AWS
- OpenVidu for production on premises
- OpenVidu for development
- Deploy OpenVidu based applications
OpenVidu Editions 🔗
OpenVidu is a platform that you can install on your premises or in any cloud provider. OpenVidu is not provided as a hosted service.
OpenVidu is provided in two editions:
- OpenVidu Community Edition (CE): It has an open source Apache 2 license and is free to use. It can be installed on a linux machine.
- OpenVidu Pro Edition (Pro): Provides additional features compared with CE edition. Its pricing model is described in the pricing page. You can get a license wirh 15-days free trial creating an account. Find more information about PRO edition in its documentation section.
OpenVidu for production on AWS 🔗
OpenVidu Platform can be deployed very easily in Amazon Web Services thanks to Cloud Formation. Depending on the edition you want to deploy, instructions are different:
OpenVidu for production on premises 🔗
OpenVidu platform can be deployed in any modern linux distribution on premises or in any cloud provider. Deployment is based on docker, allowing a better administration. Depending on the edition you want to deploy, instructions are different:
OpenVidu for development 🔗
To develop OpenVidu CE based applications you can execute a simple-to-use docker image that includes OpenVidu server and Kurento Media Server. This image is the recommended way to try OpenVidu and works in any operating system (Linux, Windows or Mac).
Can be executed with the following command (you will need Docker CE):
docker run -p 4443:4443 --rm -e OPENVIDU_SECRET=MY_SECRET openvidu/openvidu-server-kms:2.15.0
And the OpenVidu platform for development will be available in
If you want to develop using OpenVidu PRO specific features, then you should use a production deployment.
Deploy OpenVidu based applications 🔗
When deploying OpenVidu platform for production the OpenVidu Call application is automatically deployed.
You can remove OpenVidu Call application from the OpenVidu platform.
You can deploy other OpenVidu based application in the server you have deployed OpenVidu or in any other server.
Visit the Deploying OpenVidu Applications for detailed instructions.